Tuesday, November 28

I didn't work on the Nameless One's sweater, instead I finished my purple Dragon Scale socks! Finished them about 19:15*, about a whole 15 minutes before bed. I put them on and danced around the room. Took them over to Grilltech and had to tap him on the shoulder to notice my new socks! He did his typical eye roll and petted my socks. He'd just grunted in my direction when I showed them to him earlier.

I've decided I can knit two socks at once using the magic loop method, while casting on this morning. It became a comedy of knitting. I casted on the first sock completely using the standard ML**. I casted on the second sock and proceeded to somehow get the needle twisted. I bring out the second needle and slid the stitches off the first needle so they can put onto the main needle. I don't know how I got it twisted, so I tried to get the stitches slid back onto the main needle.

Didn't work. I ripped back, casted onto the second needle, knit onto the main needle and called it good. Now I've got the socks started. Finish one side, then turn and do the other. Don't quite knit as fast with two socks. Well, okay I knit the same speed, just not seeing as much progress. And it does take a while to get the yarn straightened out when picking up the needles during break.

I was reading on Carol's blog, about two new books coming out. Punk knitting. Those should make the youngest happy. But then she never wears what I make her or rarely does. Will need to thumb through the books because there might be something I want to make in them.

* See what happens when I work with military time all day? I start using it in other places.
** Magic Loop Method. I'm just lazy.

No comments: