I owe you guys a couple of pictures. Several projects have been completed. I'll get to it soon(tm).
Back to topic, Knitting software - it's kewl. Plug in the numbers and it does the math. AMAZING!! I say, I get 28 stitches to 4 inches on size 3 needles, it tells me the gauge is 7.25 inches!! Do you know how AWESOME that is? With very little work.
|What element of the nature are you? |
Your Result: Mist
|What element of the nature are you?|
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
- There were eight cars at the bar this morning
- I passed Grilltech was driving towards home
- Yea, I was confused as well
- First crash of the day in regular database
- The crash booted me out completely
- For those of you who read groups on Ravelry: Support our Troops!
- Grilltech doesn't understand what's so funny about Marines in beanies.
- And for those of you who don't either, keep reading...
- The other database and I have come to an understanding: it won't crash and I won't threaten to knit it's threads
- It's frightening when I get an error message that states changes won't happen, you've confused the database
- Yes, that was an actual error message
- I'm feeling pretty scattered today, jumping from one thought (or task) to another before the first one is finished
- Cow-orkers are complaining the database is slow
- Because the thought of knitting 60 inches of I-cord on 000 needles isn't very appealing, I'm going to crochet something instead
- Best excuse for coming in late? I can't close the garage door, the cat is stuck up there and won't come down
- Oops, it's not good for cow-orker relations to let the crazy show to much
- Will someone please tell the cherry pie in the vending machine to quit calling me?
- I've tried changing my number but somehow it keeps finding it
- I'm ready to start working in the database, they say it's sped up
- Sempher Fi!! (Go see post 701)
- Is it warm in here?
P1, K1, M1, SSK, K4, K2Tog, K3, M1, K1, P1, K4, P1, K1, M1, K3, SSK, K4, K2Tog, M1, K1, P1
Make heel. Knit to length. Start toe. Wear to work after second one is made.
That is a sock I'm working. There is more to the pattern, but since I know it I don't bother putting it down.
Last night we had our taxes done. One less thing for me to stress over. I was so sure we would owe. We don't! In fact when he said your refund was xx dollars, I thought it was dollars. Wrong! Grilltech laughed at me when I explained the whole thing.
There must have been an event happening at the bar Tuesday night. The parking lot was packed! There were way to many cars to count in the two seconds it takes me to drive by.
In knitting news, I haven't started the project yet. Not even swatching. While the IC has been screaming, I've been trying to get caught up. I hate have two or three major projects on the needles. On the plus side I'm on down hill side of both projects. If I knit instead of reading all night, they'd get done faster.
Oh it's been a fun day. I use a database - imagine that - that every once in a while quits working. I look at it in the wrong tone of voice and it goes belly up. The guy who maintains it rolls his eyes when I call him over. I'm not
Inner Child: I'm bored of this! I want to start on the secret project.
Me: Let me finish this and then I can get going on the project.
IC: Noooo, project NOW!!
Me: Look socks!!
IC: OOOHHH pretty!!
I start kntting faster so IC won't realize I've distracted her. Thirty minutes later:
IC: Hey! We're still working on the icky pink thing...
IC: I want to work on something else.
Pull out Lilith and start knitting. Thirty minutes later:
IC: Black is boring! I want to start the project.
Me: We're almost done with Lilith. See, mohair is pretty.
IC: NOOOO. SICK OF MOHAIR!! WANT PRETTY!!!
IC: NO!! Not socks! I want PRETTY!! PRETTY!! PRETTY!!
Me: How about I go pull the pattern and yarn?
Find the pattern and yarn I think will work.
Me: See? Pretty!
Look at the pattern.
Fearless Knitter: Hey kewl! You're going to knit this pattern on size 3 needles with sock yarn!! That's AWESOME!!
FK: You know, most knitters would look for yarn to match the pattern, but not you....
I start reading the pattern.
Me: Five stitches to the inch on size 7 needles! That's what the pattern calls for?!
FK: We can do it... This is the part of the conversations where I remind you algebra saves the world.
Me: Don't you mean saves my knitting?
Look over the pattern and yarn again.
FK: Whatever... You'll want to start a swatch-
IC: HEY!! You was going to use that yarn to make my socks!
FK: No, it's going to make a lovely N-
IC: MY sock yarn!!
I think I need a drink.
*Crazy By Nazareth
- There were 11 cars at the bar this morning
- And eight rolls of TP in the bathroom stall at work
- I've missed two days of work due to the crud
- Now Grilltech is coming down with it
- On the plus side, I've got quite a bit done on Lilith
- I've also decided I need to go pick up another skein to complete her
- It's also been decided I'm going to rip back the bodice on Marrakech
- And IE just crashed on me
- Nice to know things don't really change around the datamine
- I also want to remember to take cold medication at 1800; not 1600
- Waking up coughing an hour before the alarm is due to go off isn't good
- Did you know in order to purchase some over-the-counter cold medication you have to provide ID
- And you can only purchase ONE box at a time
- HELOOO!! There are four adults in the house who will require medication
- One freaking box won't cut it
- Yea, I sound like I've been smoking two packs a day for forty years; yea, I'm going to make meth
- DQ's week off didn't change him in the slightest
- I also was thinking I should rip back Lilith and make it a bit narrower
- Yea, two skeins of mohair later, I make a time wasting decision
- Maybe it's the cold medication
- I haven't made it to the gym at all this week
- I'm such a slacker
55 gallon drumscups of tea so far today
- Guess what, I've got to pee again
- I'm sure that's a TMI!
- When I finish up my two projects on the needles currently, I'm going to do some secret knitting
- Is it still considered secret if I announced I'm going to do it?
- Another roll of TP has magically appeared
- For the life of me, I can't see Liver and Onions as a lunch special
- Maybe I'll make it to the gym tomorrow
|Which creature of the night are you? |
Your Result: Werewolf
|Which creature of the night are you?|
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
Your result for What Your Taste in Art Says About You Test...
Simple, Progressive, and Sensual
2 Ukiyo-e, -4 Islamic, -10 Impressionist, -10 Cubist, -1 Abstract and -4 Renaissance!
Ukiyo-e (浮世絵, Ukiyo-e), "pictures of the floating world", is a genre of Japaneseand paintings produced between the 17th and the 20th centuries. it mostly featured landscapes, historic tales, theatre, and pleasure. Ukiyo is a rather impetuous urban culture that has bloomed in popularity. Although the Japanese were more strict and had many prohibitions it did not affect the rising merchant class and therefore became a floating art form that did not bind itself to the normal ideals of society.
People that chose Ukiyo-e art tend to be more simplistic yet elegant. They don't care much about new style but are comfortable in creating their own. They like the idea of living for the moment and enjoy giving and receiving pleasure. They may be more agreeable than other people and do not like to argue. They do not mind following traditions but are not afraid to move forward to experience other ideas in life. They tend to enjoy nature and the outdoors. They do not mind being more adventurous in their sexual experiences. They enjoy being popular and like being noticed. They have their own unique style of dress and of presenting themselves. They may also tend to be more business oriented or at the very least interested in money making adventures. They might make good entrepreneurs. They are progressive and adaptable.
- Six cars at the bar today
- Yip, it must be spring
- I saw a herd of deer crossing a major street on the drive in
- There was a snow/rain mix that made visiblity a real bitch
- Neither one of us wanted to crawl out of bed this morning
- It was discovered this weekend, one does not drink adult beverages and knit lace
- No matter how simple the lace pattern
- I still must be Queen Bitch PMS; even the Gnome commented on it
- One more day, one more day
- I seriously need to relax
- Gnome: Knittech, how do you feel about taking calls tomorrow?
- Me: Like calling in sick
- Second day in a row of driving to work in snow
- Isn't spring suppose to be on the way?
- Honey, mute. We don't want to listen to you type
- When things blow up, everyone is on the morning call
- Yes, I got the memo about the TPSD reports, I don't need another copy
- Appeartly, I do
- I live for hour glasses on a dead line
- They give me something to focus my hatred
- Grilltech didn't have class last night
- It was nice to have him home
- IE crashed on me... it's a strange feeling
- Givin' me a number, 9-7-8
- Give me back my name
- The sun is now shining!
- What are the chances it will be snowing when I leave for the day?
- I wonder which is better, chocolate milk or chips
- It'd better be the chocolate milk, that's what I had
Only two things have been changed on the knitted swatches. Needles were different, a set of straights and a pair of circulars. Knitters were different. Perky is a very tight knitter.
One sleeve is almost completed. I'm documenting like crazy, I've gone off the grid with this tunic.
And the sweater seems to have recovered. It was put into the drier by itself and most of the threads have worked their way back. Now I know.... that's half the battle*.
* Using the knowledge is the other half, they never tell you that part.
I wore my sweater on Saturday. It was comfortable and warm. I didn't need a jacket. On Sunday I threw it in the laundry, with the rest of the clothes. It's made from sock yarn, I throw my socks into the washer and don't think twice about it. Until I went to put the clothes into the dryer. And noticed hooks had embedded themselves into fabric**.
I want to go throw up now.
* -3 do they make clothes that small or would that be a Barbie dress?
** Whole new meaning for getting getting my bra hooked up...