It sure felt like a Monday

Today everything broke at work. Chaos was running rampant. What? The PDF file doesn't match what's on the computer? Really? About the forth time of being told, I had a prepared statement ready: a group exception can be done and the proper people will be notified. Which really meant: I don't need the memo about the TPSD report. I'm aware of the new cover sheets. Thank you. No, seriously, STOP. Or I will hurt you.

There must have been an event happening at the bar Tuesday night. The parking lot was packed! There were way to many cars to count in the two seconds it takes me to drive by.

In knitting news, I haven't started the project yet. Not even swatching. While the IC has been screaming, I've been trying to get caught up. I hate have two or three major projects on the needles. On the plus side I'm on down hill side of both projects. If I knit instead of reading all night, they'd get done faster.

Oh it's been a fun day. I use a database - imagine that - that every once in a while quits working. I look at it in the wrong tone of voice and it goes belly up. The guy who maintains it rolls his eyes when I call him over. I'm not intentionally stupid but there are times. I could start breaking it down trying to figure out why it doesn't work. But that would take time and I don't want to do it. I have other projects I'd rather be working on. Anyway, he's out for the next two weeks and it's down again. I went to a third person to have him log into his computer and get a pristine copy. It took us 30 minutes, but I have it and saved a copy to a different directory. It'd better not act up again!

4 comments:

Galad said...

What a day! Hope the rest of the week goes better. Don't let IC get by with those tantrums - you will feel so good when those projects are finished.

Amy Lane said...

It probably hates you. I know, I know, we're not supposed to know--but they have meetings, those nasty electronics things, and they form conspiracies. No lie. Swear!

Sandra said...

My database hates me as well. But only when I REALLY need it to spit stuff out for me...

roxie said...

I love your internal conversations. Maybe you should let your inner child reason with the data base?