Gauge


Only two things have been changed on the knitted swatches. Needles were different, a set of straights and a pair of circulars. Knitters were different. Perky is a very tight knitter.

One sleeve is almost completed. I'm documenting like crazy, I've gone off the grid with this tunic.

And the sweater seems to have recovered. It was put into the drier by itself and most of the threads have worked their way back. Now I know.... that's half the battle*.


* Using the knowledge is the other half, they never tell you that part.

4 comments:

Amy Lane said...

Wow-- that photo is an object lesson in itself! Awesome!

Carrie Penny said...

I want that tunic! No one near here had the pattern! GRR! Stupid not having pattern shops...

Lovs2Knit said...

Definitely a lesson in gauge. :)

I've knit two Dolce Handknits patterns and really like them. There are several that I'd love to make.

roxie said...

So Perky needs to go up - what, five sizes in her needles to get gauge? Holy crow, how does she even move the yarn on the needles?

Love the color whole bunches.