Crazy, a Suitable Case for Treatment*

I'm knitting away on Marrakech.

Inner Child: I'm bored of this! I want to start on the secret project.

Me: Let me finish this and then I can get going on the project.

IC: Noooo, project NOW!!

Me: Look socks!!

IC: OOOHHH pretty!!



I start kntting faster so IC won't realize I've distracted her. Thirty minutes later:

IC: Hey! We're still working on the icky pink thing...

Me: ??

IC: I want to work on something else.



Pull out Lilith and start knitting. Thirty minutes later:

IC: Black is boring! I want to start the project.

Me: We're almost done with Lilith. See, mohair is pretty.

IC: NOOOO. SICK OF MOHAIR!! WANT PRETTY!!!

Me: Socks!!

IC: NO!! Not socks! I want PRETTY!! PRETTY!! PRETTY!!

Me: How about I go pull the pattern and yarn?

IC: Okay

Find the pattern and yarn I think will work.

Me: See? Pretty!

IC: PUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRR

Look at the pattern.

Fearless Knitter: Hey kewl! You're going to knit this pattern on size 3 needles with sock yarn!! That's AWESOME!!

ME: ??

FK: You know, most knitters would look for yarn to match the pattern, but not you....



I start reading the pattern.

Me: Five stitches to the inch on size 7 needles! That's what the pattern calls for?!

FK: We can do it... This is the part of the conversations where I remind you algebra saves the world.

Me: Don't you mean saves my knitting?



Look over the pattern and yarn again.

FK: Whatever... You'll want to start a swatch-

IC: HEY!! You was going to use that yarn to make my socks!

FK: No, it's going to make a lovely N-

Me: HEY!!

IC: MY sock yarn!!

FK: But...



I think I need a drink.



*Crazy By Nazareth

2 comments:

Sandra said...

my inner self tries to talk to me like that as well. I usualy smack it and it goes away...

Amy Lane said...

wuhahahahahahahahaha! That and the Nazareth video-- it's a total party in your head! (I do that to my inner child too... "Look--purty...")