TGIF

I worked on the sleeve last night. I've got a of maybe five inches. I held it out to Grilltech and asked is it 17 inches yet? His response? Looks like it to me. I think he was lying to me. Which okay, there are times it's what I need to hear, instead of the truth. However - there is always a however isn't there? - telling me you're cleaning the porch; and the porch isn't clean isn't a good thing.

Today's morning was a complete and udder mess. I hit snooze three times, which got me out of bed late. Grilltech asked me to drive this morning so he could sleep. We made it about four blocks away from the house when it was realized someone forgot his cell phone and she forgot her medication. Back to the house we went. Everything was picked up, off we go. Get to the fancy French restaurant, Jacques-in-the-Box. They won't let us order because it's almost 0400 and the computer is getting ready to reboot. So, I drive to the one on the other side of work. Get our order and make it to work 15 minutes late. I could have left almost an hour before the end of my shift, but didn't because I had to much work to try and get done.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my job? Maybe it's the *#@! database I'm annoyed with.

3 comments:

Galad said...

Here's to a better week ahead!

emicat said...

I hate when he replies "yes" even before I finish asking the question (even if the answer was yes, the point is you need to wait until I finish asking the question).

He's not bad all the time though - he's been giving me great feedback on the hats I'm knitting for the guys this holiday (little does he know that one is for him too, hehe).

Hope you've got a short workweek too.

Amy Lane said...

I foresee that same thing in store for me tomorrow... welcome back to work!