LOOK! A real post

Tuesday morning we woke up to a constant clicking. Click, click, click, pause, click and then the cycle repeats itself. Grilltech goes to the heater, looks it over and shakes his head. Neither one of us has any kind of clue about heaters. I turn the thermostat off and we call the heating and cooling guys. In the mean time, Grilltech is smoking two turkeys. Perky and I took off to the other LYS.

While there I picked up the size 3, 12 inch addi turbo needles I wanted. I also ended up with two balls of Noro sock yarn and It Itches; the book is funny as all get out.

We came home - still no heater guy - I moved the first sleeve over to the smaller needle. Magic Loop wasn't making me happy. So I get the stitches moved over. Do the purl round, it was lovely. Then I try curse loudly to do the more loud cursing trinity stitch. There isn't enough stretch in the needle to purl three stitches together. Did I mention I was cursing loudly? So I sent Perky to the regular LYS; to pick up a size three, 16 inch addi turbo. She couldn't remember which size I wanted, so she called me when she got there. She came home with the new needle. After switching the needles over I was able to knit several rounds with no problem.

While working on the sleeve the heater guy showed up. The gas valve went out and the motor is drawing more amps then normal which means it's on it's way out. The suggestion was made we might want to get a new heating system; because the cost to repair would be 1/4th the cost of a new system. We agreed. A salesdrone came over and showed six different models, all $$$$. We pick out the model we want not quite $$$$$; but still $$$$. He leaves; then he calls two hours later stating we don't qualify for financing. What do we want to do. Insert more loud swearing here. So we have the part replaced and end up spending my paycheck to get the heater fixed. Now we need to save up $$$$$ to get the heater replaced next year.

The socks I'm currently wearing, will be washed then handed off to Heather. They keep sliding down. It's annoying the hell out of me sad when socks don't fit properly.

9 comments:

Galad said...

I thought I heard loud cursing coming from your direction. I'm glad to hear you at least will have heat this winter. Otherwise we were going to have to do a massive donation of wool to insulate the walls of our house :-)

Amy Lane said...

Yeah--those heating people have us over a barrell-- I hates them! (Didn't like magic loop? Too funny! And YES, Noro Sock yarn itches! I understand it gets better if you rinse it in hair conditioner.)

Amy Lane said...

*sheepishly* Okay, I clicked the link--now I get it:-)

GrillTech said...

Wait a minute, If we don't have heat there will be a massive wool donation? Hmmmmm

Carrie Penny said...

My mother's heater was puming out CO2 and they didn't have heat for a while when it started getting cold. I am not sure if they got it fixed or not yet.

I am dying to get my grubby little hands on It Itches! I looked at Books A Million the other night and they won't be carrying it at all and it would take 4 weeks for a special order to come in this time of year.

As far as cussing patterns, I have done a lot of that recently. It is always nice to hear someone else is doing it too!

sheila said...

That stinks about your heater! We had heating issues here a few days ago as well. Luckily teh only action that it required was a "tune up" of sort and some elbow grease on teh guys part! Pheww! It always seems in our house that something big will break or go out right around the holidays. Hopefully that was it and we are done for now!

ps-I totally agree with you on the sock issue....I hate it when socks slip down and get caught/bunched up under my heel.

sheila said...

ok, just re-read my comment above...I really need to do that before I hit publish...too many typos in there!

Mr. Shife said...

Sucks about the heater. We finally had to break down and replace ours. Not fun. Well at least it has not gotten too cold down here yet.

Heather said...

wooo hooo socks.... i can't wait... As far as the other donations the tops fit great, but will be a bit longer before the pants fit but they are a goal!