Something to talk about

I'm just dragging. Sunday's sleep wasn't exactly the best I've had. I couldn't get to sleep and the sleep I did get wasn't restful. Today, I would love to put my head on the desk and nap. I think that would be very, very bad if I was caught napping on the job.

I'm pretty close to finishing the first of the black socks. I was knitting them both at the same time, but I got tired of not making any progress so I'm back to one sock at a time. I have about two more inches to go before I start the toe. If these socks were for Grilltech, I'd be at the toe already; but I've got two more inches to go.

It seem I'm going to have a nasty bout of loud hiccups. I hate it when I get them. Granny told me once long ago, I sneeze like a kitten; but I hiccup like a drunken sailor. (I added the last part. I really don't want to think that my Grandmother hung out with drunken sailors.)

Next year, we (Grilltech and I) get to go pick huckleberries. He's wanting to make Meade, and D won't give him the berries. I'm wondering what I could wear to keep the mosquitoes away from me. (For those who are unaware, huckleberries are guarded by hordes of ravenous mosquitoes.)

On Saturday, Perky and I went to a fashion show put on at the LYS. I fell in love with a pattern there, so instead of building a pink shrug, I'm going to make Lilith. I picked up the yarn, and should have the pattern this week. In two weeks, I'll be off to lace camp! It will give me something lacy to work on while at camp.

Grilltech made a pumpkin porter this weekend. The kitchen is a mess. While he's at school tonight, I should get it somewhat cleaned up. Or I can watch, Chuck. Not that I'll really stay up that late and watch TV.

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

OMG Lilith is too pretty! I would just die to dive into something so lacy!!! Not just the knitting to the FO!

emicat said...

Lace camp sounds fun!

And holy crap, when I was picking huckleberries a few weeks ago, those stupid mosquitoes were ALL OVER ME. And stupid us forgot to bring any kind of bug repellent.

I did somehow manage to not get bit, because I was wearing long sleeves and a fleece top to zip up over my neck.