Chicken Soup

The pictures are:

I thought about adding some notes, but didn't get around to it last night. Thanks for the positive comments about the loss. Its starting to get a bit difficult to eat the healthy stuff. Because we all know mounds and reisens are God's proof he loves us.

Since I don't have any other knitting progress to report here is my Chicken Barley recipe:

1 (or more) carrot diced
1 Leek (or onion) diced
1 bochoy diced
1 Anaheim pepper diced
1 package sliced mushrooms
olive oil or butter (to taste)

I sweat the veggies until they're soft for faster cooking time. (Otherwise put the stock, water and veggies on to simmer for 2-3 hours until soft.)

1/2 gallon Chicken stock
3-4 cups water
1 cup barley (rinsed)
2 cups cooked chicken diced

Add the stock, water, and barley simmer for 20 minutes (or until the barley is tender). Add chicken and spices; heat until chicken is warm. Serve with potato rolls.

Seasonings (to taste):
Salt
Pepper
Garlic (can use fresh, sweat with the rest of the veggies)
Chipotle pepper
Paprika

Since it's the two of us, the recipe has been pared back. I despise celery, so I use bochoy instead. One time I used parsnips instead of carrots. It's pretty versatile.

The chicken stock is homemade because we eat a lot of chicken. The cooked chicken is also leftovers.

3 comments:

Galad said...

Yum - thanks for the recipe.

emicat said...

Num num, thanks for the recipe - i'm gonna have to try that one!

Carrie Penny said...

That looks so yummy and along side my diet! I just made my first super tasty squash soup!