Full of Grace and Elegance

I am a dumbass. Do you want proof of my latest achievement? I tripped and broke my moonstone bracelet at the gym. Did I say tripped? I meant, Perky tried to push me down and kick me to death. I managed to fend her off, but in the scuffle, she broke my bracelet. (Okay, so I was going to the bikes and didn't notice the chromed ridge separating the bikes from the free weights. I tripped, caught myself from falling scrapped my left wrist up pretty good and broke my pretty.) I think the bracelet can be fixed, I couldn't find the needle nose pliers at 1830 (6:30 PM). I was drooping pretty badly. Instead of doing only one set of 10, I decided I could to two sets. I think my legs will forgive me.... eventually.

After the gym, I had Perky take me to the thrift store. I pants I have are so loose if I didn't where a belt, they'd fall off. I grabbed two different sizes to try on. One I knew wouldn't fit it's like 30 sizes too small. (Okay, it was the 20-22 range.) I tried on the size I thought I was. Guess what? I'm still too big for those also by about two inches. ARRRUGHHHH!! So I put the pants back and will try again in about 20 pounds.

So this morning I'm sitting at my desk, daydreaming about... a blackberry fruit pie. I'm so pathetic. I ate my pear and the craving for the most part has gone away. But a fruit pie? How sad is that?

Knitting content? There is none because I was too beat to knit last night. Not completely true, I did get to the pattern on the second sock. Granted most of the knitting happened in yesterday's staff meeting.

I was knitting along on the sock, was counting out the stitches for the switch. Much to my dismay I realized I had dropped a stitch at the last cable. There was much swearing on my part, and the sock was stuffed into the bag. Lunch was over anyway, so it was going to get stuffed in the bag. On the next break, I dropped the two stitches down, pick up the dropped stitch (it was only three rows) and fixed the problem. The kicker? No cable needle was involved.

4 comments:

emicat said...

Ohh, sorry to hear about your bracelet - I hope it can get fixed!

A co-worker decided to bring.. yes, a blackberry pie to work yesterday after she went blackberry picking behind our building at work. It was damn good pie, but don't think that's helping my waistline. Don't think the cake decor classes I'm taking will help in that department either :)

keep up the good job on the weight loss though - my wii fit is still scolding me because I'm only managing every other day instead of doing exercises daily.

Carrie Penny said...

I am sorry about your bracelet, but it was injured in the line of duty what more can you ask for...

I have been slowly trying to revise my eating, nothing drastic just slowly upping the veg and much leaner meats... This week has been boarder line vegatarian. All I am dreaming about is the one day I don't cook (football days) and eat what ever my step kids want... This week is going to be fast food... It is so painful to eat a chickpea burger knowing it is just a lie...

Megan said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm working on the Vamp City socks next.

I was checking out some of your previous posts, and congratulations on the weight loss!! It sounds like you are doing an awesome job and being very healthy about it. Sorry to hear about your bracelet.

Amy Lane said...

Of course, the Perky Goth story makes for good telling--stick with that one... I do hope you can fix your bracelet.


I hate that thing with the 'woo-hoo, I've lost weight!'. Crap. Not as much as I thought. But I do love that Weight Watchers commercial where the girl is running to catch her boss and her skirt drops around her ankles. Uhm-hm. That's me. Someday.