September, Thursday 21

I should have charged my MP3 player last night while I was charging my phone. But if I did that, then I would have left both the player and phone at home, instead of just the phone. I did manage to get about 6 minutes of music before it just shut itself off.

I finished the washcloth last night. Its tucked in the drawer ready for use. So now I have three balls of yarn: black, yellow, and off white (partials), size 6 straights, and measurements for a teddy bear who needs a sweater.

Well, on the plus side, I've taught myself how to double knit. Must say, it's easier then I had been making it out to be. On the down side, I'm not getting the desired effect I want. It should be simple: yellow knits with off white purls in the ribbing. Not hard at all, right? Then why am I having such a hard time with it? After a little research, turns out it is harder then I thought.

I'll just do the ribbing in yellow, then move to the snowflakes in off white. It should look adorable. Okay, so the off white is completely muted by the bright yellow. I've taken it part and started with the off white as the main color, with yellow snowflakes. I missed a stitch and ripped it all out. I think I'm going to going take it home and knit it in the round. I'll need to figure out a better design anyway.

No comments: