September, Friday 22

With a freshly charged MP3 player in hand, along with copious amounts of caffine, I'm ready to face the day. Stayed up until 8:30 last night watching Grey's Anatomy. We had the VCR set, yes we live in the stone age. We have a VCR, not a DVR and go to bed before the sun sets. Anyway, by 9:00, I was dead to the world. Which was the time for ER, I don't think I could have kept my eyes open at all.

I spoke too soon. My MP3 player is dying. I turned it off to listen to messages, was trying to turn it back on and all I'm getting is the splash screen with clicky noises. AUGHHH!! Can't turn it off. Can't reset it. Just have to wait for the battery to die.

I'm now working on the Shaker Ribbing, here called the Brioche Stitch. I don't get why it's called something different. The Big Book of Knitting, calls it Shaker, so I, call it Shaker. Pretty simple. Now I want to figure out how to do it in two colors. Yes, it's at home in the Big Book, but I don't have it here with me.

This day is getting better and better. My new blue socks, worn maybe four times have a hole in them. Not at the heel or at the toes, but up in the leg. I showed my husband, who said, it looks like a dropped stitch. ( I'm so proud of him...) It might be, now I'll have to fix his bio-hazard socks to practice to fix my sock. Or should that be the other way around?

No comments: