Monday, September 25

The MP3 player is dead, long live the Palm pilot. It seems the HD crashed on the MP3, it just sits and clicks. I might have mentioned something on Friday's post. Sunday I pulled out the player to see if anything could be done to fix it. Nope, it's dead. I can't seem to find the receipt which has the warranty information on it. So being nimble of thought I just transferred 700 megs of music onto the Palm. Right now, I'm enjoying my morning.

I practiced the magic loop method. I did manage to get though the ribbing and into several rounds of leg before I stopped. I think I'll need to pick up some Additurbos if I am going to continue in with that practice. It didn't seem any worse then fiddling with double points.

Grilltech's mom is such a great mother-in-law. (Note to self: send thank you e-mail.) She thrift store shops and finds all sorts of wonderful treasures. She sent a baggy full of used circulars in pretty good condition. There are all sorts of sizes. I was using the 3's to practice the ML method. These would be good, but the cord is stiff and I don't think there is anything I can do to make it supple. I'll still use them for sweaters and flat knitting.

I'm going to knit a baby sweater, trying to decide if I want to do it flat or in the round. Thinking about using Knitty article. Even if I don't knit in the round, it is a good rule of thumb. 110 is my 100%, 100 is my 90%, 22 is my 20%, 44 is my 40%, 50 is my 45% and 9 is my 8%. Sleeve should be 9" total. Ribbing for 15 stitches, increase to 40%, make two.

We got Fran the kitten another feather toy because she completely destroyed the last one we got her. I was unwrapping it and she knew what the toy was and was trying to get it. I gave it to Grilltech to tie to the fishing pole end. She was jumping on his lap to make the kill. When we went to bed, it was peacefully attached and on the back of the chair. Sometime during the night she had gotten it de-attached and drug it off to kill the poor thing.

No comments: