Friday Edition

I don't know what it is about Thursday nights, but I do not sleep well. It's difficult getting to sleep, and the sleep I get is very fitful. Which makes me a joy to be around on Fridays. Add a dash of PMS, well, do I need to say much more?

Okay, the sock is making me crazy. I know, short trip! The gusset on the second sock isn't nearly as long as the first one. Sooo, I'm thinking I'm going to reknit them both. They're not happy the way they are. Okay, I'm not happy the way they are. I'll go up a size in needles to help with the yardage. And the kicker? I'm still knitting on the second sock, because I'm here at work and bored.

I've spent most of the morning fighting with CMS table connection to an Excel spreadsheet. I can write a new connection and it works fine. Except it doesn't have all the data I need. Bob the First's spreadsheet won't connect to the CMS server at all and his has all the data fields I need. I've tried copying and pasting his code into my spreadsheet, it doesn't work. When all else fails, try looking at the CMS naming convention. It might help. It didn't. Okay, I'm closing it for a while and when Bob the First comes over I'll ask him.

The mated pair of hawks are back in the box. I drive by them twice a day. However, this pair is a bit more famous.

I'm thinking it's lunch time, the Siren is calling. So far I've resisted but things could go downhill rapidly. Turns out the snack machine guy was filling them and the Siren's are gone! Can't have one even if I wanted to now! Not that I wanted one...

I've finished washing, I have the wet paper towel in my hand when I hear. Tink, tink, tink. Huh? I look in the since to discover another button has came off Lilith. Thankfully, it happened in a place where I could find it. When I get home, I'll need to sew the button back on.

Man, today is crazy busy. Usually Friday's are pretty laid back; but today it's need this NOW! And you know that gimorous spreadsheet I sent you ages ago and never showed you how to update it? Yea, I need you to update it by Tuesday. GAH! This thing is massive and I'll be working OT to get it done. GAH!!

Remember that CMS report I spent half my morning on? Talking to Bob, he said, we’ve got it over here, and if you use a SQL statement, you’ll have the data in seconds instead of minutes. Shoot me. Now.

3 comments:

Galad said...

Work appears to be rather challenging of late. I think you've done well not commit gnomicide or some other atrocity (and without Sirens!)

roxie said...

Well, at least you're not pregnant.

Amy Lane said...

just remember you're working to knit!