2/5th of the Week

Tuesday. BLAH. I could think of a million bunch of other things I'd rather be doing other then work. On the plus side, the day is a little more than half over. I would say half, but there is still 45 minutes that point. So, I'm pretending to be working my fingers to the bone. Tonight I'm swimming. After two weeks of slacking - okay I was sick for a week of it - it's almost like starting over. I also picked up a new suit. GAH. I'm really a size smaller, but it doesn't fit. I'm too busty. So I'm back to the larger size.

Knitting has been off and on. I've finished the first Lupine sock. Only 4 cables away from starting the heel on the second. Been working on the hematite vest (Grilltech's). It's going to be a long boring knit. Straight stockinette for 34 inches. BLAH.

BLAH seems to be the word of the day. Which is odd; the weather outside is warm, comfortable even. Work is okay. Easy enough to leave at the door. Since it's left at work, I won't forget to bring it back. I walked out leaving my car keys hanging over my desk this morning. Went back into the garage, made it two steps only to turn around again because I'd left my gym bag on the coffee table. I did remember to grab my lunch, otherwise I'd be really hurting this afternoon. Afternoon? It's mid-morning.

Grilltech is looking for snacks for game night. I'm thinking those look really, really yummy.

I hate these shoes and I should toss them so I won't keep wearing them. Because this time my socks won't slide down in them. I won't toss them until I pick up some sort of a replacement for them. Maybe some cute sandals. It is spring.

Tonight is soup night! I made stock on Sunday. We froze four pints (?) of it and the last one is dinner. Yummy. I don't understand how chicken can be so dry in soup. (It's from a can.) So, leftovers will be frozen for my lunches. I'm wanting to pick up some bones to make beef stock. The brisket will be amazing in that soup. And my chicken soup won't have dry chicken.

I picked up a copy of Momma Mia on Saturday. Forced Grilltech to watch also. It was a cute story. I knew all but two of the songs. Today, I'm listening to my CD, there four ABBA songs on it. I'm such a dork.

OMG... Amy you're going to get me fired!! Hysterical laughter is not approved activity in corporate America. It didn't stop me from reading it, and the cow-orkers didn't appreciate me snickering, giggling, and being a teenaged-girl. Grilltech rolled his eyes at me, when I told him breathlessly Amy's posted!

W00t! We get to wear jeans to work on Friday.

GAH! It looks like I'll need to rip back two rows. So the rules are: no lace knitting while drinking adult beverages and no pattern knitting while thinking about Dean in a pink lacy thong.

5 comments:

Galad said...

Your last statement says it all - I will take your advice to heart.

roxie said...

Oh goddess - those snacks look way too labor intensive and I could eat them by the handfull! Yum! Make twice as many as you think you'll need.

Amy Lane is hilarious! A toe-up indeed!

Savor that soup! I adore homemade soups. Do you grill the bone before you make stock with it?

roxie said...

PS- About MommaMia; what do you suppose Pierce Brosnan did with the money they gave him for singing lessons?

Red said...

Best line: "Work is okay. Easy enough to leave at the door. Since it's left at work, I won't forget to bring it back." Ha!

Enjoy swimming. I find that it's great for letting the mind wander, to think of new creative projects, like the next knitting, painting, etc. project.

Amy Lane said...

Okay--this one makes me feel guilty! (Not!) I didn't mean to endanger your job--but I am glad I brightened your week! I need to remember what you do with broth--I used to boil chick breasts and just pop them into sandwiches and salads--it's a good idea, and I should stick with it!

(I actually read this entry earlier this week, and was in the middle of posting a comment when something happened... my Mac's been acting wonky... I think I've abused it to the point of rebellion!)