It's Sunny Bunny Time*

Yesterday I was Queen Bitch, today I'm Queen of the Dumbass. It's amazing how quickly one falls. It all started two weeks ago. Department changes were coming down the line and for the better. I've been doing the same mindless job for believe me, I've got it down. Anyway, department changes. I no longer do the mindless drone job anymore. Instead I have special projects. Sure most of them are some what routine, it's a nice change.

In between training times, I ran out of stuff to do. So I start preparing for a big project. I copy the data I need. I cross check to see which ones are needed and which ones can be deleted. I underscore the activities that can go away. I double check to make sure none of the schedules would be affected. Once it's done, it's done. I wait a day, and warn the rest of the team, there maybe some funky stuff happening with the schedules. They'll need to keep an eye out for it.

The next day, I highlight the underscore events and hit delete. I then get pulled into training and soon forget the fateful delete. About three hours later, flaming Drama Queen (hence forth he shall be known as DQ) is neurotically going off how new schedules don't look right. OMG!! When I deleted the events, I went down to far and deleted vital ones.

Long Timer (hence forth she shall be known as LT) goes and whines to the Gnome. While the Gnome isn't happy about what I've done, he's not rampaging about it either. Which annoys LT to no end. I send DQ the file and mark which events need to be added back into the system. LT is on the phone to support trying to get the mess cleaned up. I tell her, if the events are put back then added back to the shifts they'll be fine. Which the support guy tells her the same thing.

LT is pulled from her regular duties to get the project I had been slowly working on. Which she does within two weeks. We've all pitched in and everything is back to normal.

Today, my training is put to the test. I blew it. Can you see why I'm the Queen? I did report. I was ready two hours ahead of time. Only to find out two minutes a head of the conference call. I'd forgotten to set the page to the right one. Then my system took 10 minutes load the right pattern. Crappy On the plus side, I learn from my mistakes.

There are tons of dumbasses out there, and today I was their Queen. On the other hand, the day is over. The weekend is beginning. Monday is a haze in the back of my mind I'm going to ignore until Sunday night.


* Sunny Bunny is one of Grilltech's home brews, pineapple ginger. YUMMY!

1 comment:

Galad said...

Sunny Bunny sounds like a great idea about now. Wipe the slate and start again.

P.S. Thanks for the of picking up the increase. Didn't even think of that, duh.