Another post!

Thanks everyone who commented on the sweater. Kommandant said, it's not the sweater that's awesome but the model. Figures. Its kinda hard to argue with that logic. But then maybe it is the sweater.

Training is slowing down, so I can take a few minutes to read blogs between hour glasses and get a post put together. The past week was fairly rough in regards to blogging - of any type. I would come home to tired and brain damaged to do anything but knit. (I wanted the evol mallard sweater done.) I was so fried that reading my friends was a chore. But I'm better, much, much better.

Has anyone else besides Trish heard of square knitting needles? I've started a pair of socks with my size ones. I've noticed the stitches are tighter. Usually the knit stitch before the purl is a bit distorted, but not so with these needles. Strange - or should that be awesome? Not really sure what it is. (Insert an eye roll and big sigh) Grilltech is going to be annoyed that I want to get more needles. How many pairs does a knitter really need? I'm sure he doesn't really want to know.

When leaving from lunch yesterday, I found a bunch of crocuses coming up. They haven't bloomed yet, but they're a-grown. I guess this means spring is on the way. I also saw a flock of robins about a month ago. Yea!! Spring.

5 comments:

Galad said...

I've been eyeing those square needles and wondering how they work. Keep us posted.

Glad things are looking up for you.

Carrie Penny said...

Square needles? hum... I would try them...

I hope Spring is here, I am sick of the cold winds that have decided to grace us, it was in the 70 2 weeks ago so I got my sleeveless dresses out for church and now it is too cold to wear them again.

Perkygoth said...

i don't know there Knittech i think i'd have to agree with Kommandant, the model made the sweater look AMAZING! and whatnot :)

Lovs2Knit said...

I didn't notice it but I was using worsted weight cotton. Must go buy a smaller pair for socks. Hubby rolled his eyes when I talked about getting more needles.

Amy Lane said...

I've got a pair in size 5, straights, and I've been DYING for a project to knit on them... they're supposed to make your stitches more even, and they just look so cool....