Weekend Update

Saturday was PerkyGoth's first spinning lesson. She loved it. The wheel was acting up, but she worked through it and produced a hank of chunky yarn. It needs to be washed and weighted, but it's hers. They sent her home some different rovings to try. I sent her home with some leftovers I had. I still have two hiding in the yarn room, which will wait until she's a bit better.

I worked on the Shaker sweater, while PerkyGoth was spinning. I kept holding it up and asking if it was 20 inches yet. It wasn't anywhere near 20 inches. I think I'm about twelve now, the end is in sight. Paranoia about running out of yarn is beginning to set in. I'm sure I have enough. Really? Then why so paranoid?

Saturday night, Grilltech and I went to a friend's house for a I'm getting kicked out of the place party. It was nice to get out of the house and meet new people. I learned a knew game called Uker. (It goes pretty quick and I had a hard time wrapping my head around, must get all the tricks, not the trumps.) While we was there, red-headed Jen said it was trying to snow, more like spitting. When we left at 2300, it was semi-clear and stars were twinkling. When we woke up on Sunday morning, there was 1.5 inches of snow! Where did that come from?

Monday is starting off with a bang. East coast co-worker called in late. I didn't realize she wasn't in, so I waited until my normal time to log in. Trying to reskill now, but since I'm not on the east coast server, it isn't working. Will have to do it by hand. Co-worker called, said the reskill didn't go right. Having to do it again. Bummer.

Day is mostly over. Good thing. Its been said, the snow is now melting as fast as it fell. Another good thing. Overall, it was a good day. I'll even get to knit more on the Ripples on the Beach sock.

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

See, I leave Idaho and you all have gotten more snow then I saw in the 9 years I was there. :)