Thursday, October 18th

I finished a green hat. I picked up some (drool) lovely blue Quivot. I finished Grilltech's socks. Worked two rows on the (damn) shawl. Petted some buffalo yarn. (What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison? Can't wash your hands in a buffalo.) Listened to the guy from Buffalo Gold. He was funny and nice. (Bison, it's what the Mommy buffalo says to her son when he leaves for school.) I can't wait to knit up the socks for my dad using the buffalo.

Anyway, Grilltech is feeling much better. He's ready to eat real food, but still is on the special diet until he's off the medication, which will be Friday. The eldest had to be taken to the ER last night. She's not able to keep anything down. Sounds like the flu hit early at her house.

I'm (still) not sleeping well, which makes it really hard to get up in the mornings. Work has been leveling off. Had a bi-annual review. I'm not "living up to my potential". Yeah, I'm not a slacker, but I'm not doing enough. I have a very narrow view of what I do, that's the problem with specialization. I could use more sleep.

5 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

I haven't even gotten a chance to see quivot let alone pet it. :)
Hope everyone feels better soon! I hate when people say that you're not living up to your potential. That's just a BS phrase IMO.

Carrie Penny said...

You sound like you really need a virtual hug (hug). I really hope that everyone in your family gets well soon!

GrillTech said...

Isn't the line "You can't roller skate in a Buffalo herd".

Carrie Penny said...

Oh, wanted to let you know, Eddie is used to his bath now, he mews when he knows that it is coming, but he doesnt' fight it.

Amy Lane said...

(((hugs))) I hate work. I don't care where you work, very often the people who end up in charge end up there because they do not sense the absurdity of life or see their own flaws... Obviously, this boss has never seen you knit.