Wednesday, August 8th

I've been listening to The Half-Blood Prince at work, so I haven't been posting. It's hard to put my own thoughts down, when I'm listening to someone else's. So no audio book until I've got the post mostly written.

Saturday night, Grilltech and I did make it out of town to watch the Perdiod meteor shower. We got there about 2230, it was a fairly clear night. Around the edge of the horizon was the haze, from the smoke. Overhead there was nothing but clear skies. I managed to catch six meteors, three of the Perdiod meteors, three normal ones. (Because the other three wasn't going in the correct direction.) Two of the three were a lovely shade of reddish/orange. Grilltech only managed to see one. There were a handful of satellites to be seen as well. This weekend is the big show of the shower. Here to hoping for another clear weekend.

I'm not sure what I should do with the shawl. I'm down to half a skein. If I do another repeat (sixteen rows), I might run out. On the other hand, I might have enough to do the repeat and the edging. I'm thinking I should put in a lifeline and do the repeat. Then I'll be able to finish the shawl.

I should have my shell sock finished today. I'll have waiting time at the dentist's office today. I should be able to finish up the toe.

4 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

Question about your half blood prince, does it skip at all towards the end of the disks?

Anonymous said...

I say put in the lifeline and go for it! :~)

Mr. Shife said...

I think you are looking good for clear skies this weekend. I am going to have you tell me sometime where you guys go to watch the stars because it sounds like it would be a nice evening for me and Mrs. Shife.

Amy Lane said...

Tell me when you're done--I thought it was awesome!