Friday, August 3rd

(Yesterday's skies were much worse. I had ash in my car.) When you think it can't get any worse around here, something comes along and proves you wrong. It's been suggested that people with breathing problems stay inside. Healthy people might want to think about not doing stuff out side. Gee, ya think? When we drove into work Thursday morning, I could see the moon, directly overhead. It was a lovely shade of orange.

I'm hoping the threat of rain will put some of the fires out. Or not start any new ones. While thunderstorms are exciting to watch, the sage will burn at the drop of anything flaming. I think lightening counts as flaming. Okay, not really, but can cause flaming. We didn't get rain, in fact the smoke has cleared up somewhat.

We're hoping for the best about clear skies this weekend, chances are slim but there is always hope. The Perseids meteor shower is starting. Next weekend will be the greatest number of meteors. Knitters are such optimists.

By Saturday I'll be on the final skein, for the shawl. It takes me almost thirty minutes to complete a row. I didn't want to start the next row last night, so I started working on a sock. Grilltech had the "huh" look, when it was time for bed.

Random things from the office:
One of the programmers bounces his legs, his chair squeaks just like bed springs. Thanks dude, now I have Korn's ADIDAS running through my head most of the time.

To the barking cough guy in the break room: GO HOME!! You don't need to be spreading your sick germs to others.

To the woman in the break room: I was knitting, not crocheting. Thanks for noticing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang fires seem to be popping up everywhere. No wonder my allergies are worst then normal.
Oh man, your on the "it's never going to end" kind of rows. I felt that way on the last 20 or so rounds of my moms shawl.

Amy Lane said...

August is so scary in this part of the world...we do kind of live in fear of fires, don't we?

It's funny--I go back and forth between irritation and amusement when people confuse the two of them... I guess since I crocheted before I knit, it's always a toss-up what kind of project I'm working on... (since Ladybug, it's been all knitting, because knitting projects tend to be smaller and I have too many big pieces of luggage as it is...)

Amanda said...

Wow.. that picture looks a little scary. Glad that you're safe though.

I feel you on not wanting to work on the shawl now that it's so big. I have projects like that myself.. I applaud you for keeping at it!!

Mr. Shife said...

Yes it looks like the skies are finally clearing up. Hopefully you will get to see the meteor showers. And thank you for the link to the STD stuffed animals. They are going to be an excellent gift for a friend of mine at least.