It's just going to be a glorious day, I just know it. Mike (the husband) was up half the night coughing. When the alarm went off this morning at 3:45 AM, I got up and jumped in the shower. The rational was, if he was going to be calling in sick, he would have told me when he turned the alarm off. (Can you see where this is going?) After a good five minutes in the shower, Mike sticks his head in and tells me he's calling in. I don't have to be to work until 6:30 AM, but I car pool with him. Hmmm, tough choice at this point in time. So I finish and go read my sock Knitters mail list then start learning how to play Civ IV. The graphics for Civ IV are different then for III or Conquests even. Reminds me more of Warcraft and I'm not
very good at Warcraft.

Went to Boise Bitch and Stitch last night. Was starting a square for a afghan, a simple bramble stitch or so I thought before I started. Casted on 22 stitches, K1, [(K, P, K), P3tog] five times, K1. After the fourth row, I count stitches. 20. What?! No problem, increase two stitches to
fudge it, work the next row. Purl back, count again. Fraggin' 20 again! GRRR!! So in frustration I rip it all out, then sit and talk. Think I'll place stitch markers between the five groups and try it again. I'll be able to see where the dropped stitch happens.

The day is almost over. I would love to be home sleeping, but still have 1.5 hours to go. It's the home run stretch. I've had a pretty good day. Think I can sail home now. :)

No comments: