Tuesday, July 24th

It's been a while since I last posted. There are only so many ways one can say. Nope haven't knit a thing, time to talk about something else. I have started knitting again. Set up the fan to blow across me is the only way to knit in the arid, hot place we live. I've got two sock classes going. A basic sock student, who knows how to knit but is intimidated by heels. She’ll be working heels in no time. And an advanced sock student who wanted to know how to design socks. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: You know the number of stitches you need to knit a sock, pick a pattern and make it fit.

Her: That's it?

Me: Yep. Pick a pattern and we'll talk a bit more.

Easy money. Gotta love that.

The Alberta shawl is coming along very nicely. Pattern is easy to remember. I've only fragged up twice. Did the below row fix and called it good. Main worry: I won't have enough yarn to finish the thing. I picked up the yarn on E-bay and made a sweater out of several of the skeins. Gave three of them to BFF C, because I wasn't going to use them. Took one back and decided it would be perfect to make a shawl. Now I'm trying to get a hold of her to see if she still has them and will part with them. Other wise, I'm back to E-bay and instead of having a dark blue shawl, it will be bright pink. Oh well, I'll get something figured out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see ya again. Hey we've cooled down a bit. It's only 99 instead of 102. :~)

sheila said...

Good luck with the shawl! I have the same fear as you about running out of yarn! I hate it when that happens!

Mr. Shife said...

You make an excellent teacher. Good luck with the rest of your projects. I almost have to wear a shawl since it has cooled down here so much. It is weird not almost melting anymore.