The Day After, July 7th


The wedding is over and whose idea was it to have it on the hottest day of the year?! 109 made it miserable. Mother Nature towards the end of the evening provided cloud cover and cool breezes. The Youngest and Husband looked very cute. I looked very hot and Grilltech was uncomfortable in the black outfit.

Grill’s Mom came on Thursday morning. We picked her and took her to breakfast. I’m not hungry, was before we arrived at the restaurant. She ate, after we got there. The Youngest went off with one of the Maid of Honor and went swimming.

Friday morning at 0830, Youngest and I went out to breakfast. Swung by the cellular store, but they weren’t open. Went to her hair appointment at 1000, the lady doing her hair was uhh, that’s a lot of hair! Youngest and I made it home by noon. At 1300, I started making the Greek salad. By 1400, I made the Youngest help, because she’s bored.

At 1530, we’re getting ready to go, loading the car and changing clothes. At 1615, we’re off and running to Nampa. Youngest and I are in the air conditioned car. Grilltech and his mom in Youngest’s car. We’re half way there and I realize, we don’t have the marriage license. I take the next freeway exit and have her call Grilltech to let him know what’s going on. It takes us 20 minutes to get home, and two minutes to change into the wedding dress. We’re back into the car, and driving to the park. We get there about 1730.

Planning? There wasn’t much. The picture person showed up at 1800, pictures were supposed to start at 1730. After a ton of pictures, we’re ready to get started. Which is a good thing, because most of the wedding guests are there waiting for the celebration to begin. It’s so hot, everyone can hardly breathe.

After the wedding, I go change into my street clothes. Finish setting up the food. I've taken the Bride her clothes to change into, which she does. Then it was time to do the cake. She had to change back into the the top at least. (Okay, so I didn't think that through.)

By the time we’re getting ready to leave, there is one bowl of salad left. (I sent it home with the Eldest.) Everything else is gone or not enough to eat, better put that back. We’ve helped breakdown the reception area. Help load cars and then I’m ready to leave.

They didn’t open presents. Well, they did open one card, the one from us and his mom. We chipped in and paid for the night at the Anniversary Inn.

It’s Saturday morning and my feet still hurt. I’m glad it’s over!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great together. :~) I wish them much happiness and love in their life together.
Ugg, 109....I think I'd be melting. Did it storm up there last night? We got a violent little storm which started quite a few fires.

Heather said...

It was a beautiful wedding even with all the "mistakes". The bride was so happy, it was so good to see he smiling and laughing all the time!

Carrie Penny said...

Wedding are great like that... I think that is why we eloped to the mountains and just came home for Christmas man and wife...

They do look very cute! Wish they have all of the happiness in the world!

sheila said...

Sounds like you all managed well, even with the mis-steps...which is only normal for a wedding! Thanks for sharing the pictures too, they look great together!

Amy Lane said...

She really did look beautiful... it sounds a lot like my wedding--hot, fairly simple, and not a lot of hoopla, but still a lot of work! Congrats on the bride, and I'm glad it's over and wonderful!

Amy Lane said...

She really did look beautiful... it sounds a lot like my wedding--hot, fairly simple, and not a lot of hoopla, but still a lot of work! Congrats on the bride, and I'm glad it's over and wonderful!