First Day Back

First day back from my extra long holiday weekend is busy. East coast operations is shut down due to snow. Can't come to work, they didn't plow the roads... Seriously? They don't plow the roads here either and we get to work. I want Saturday off, because it's the actual holiday Really? They gave you Friday off and you've been here long enough to know the difference between an actual and an observed holiday. I think I need more time off.

Christmas was fun, we had the Eldest and family over for breakfast and opening of presents. We really enjoyed ourselves. Good/bad news: the shirt MIL sent me is almost too big, however, the color is perfect.

After work today, we're back to the gym. Today is swim day, I'm really looking forward to it. Not so much on Tuesday, when it's a regular work out.

Grilltech's afghan isn't finished; but it's getting worked on. S-L-O-W-L-Y. He's waited this long, what's another month (or two)? Instead of the cabled edging, I've decided to go with a knitted i-cord. It will be pretty and much quicker.

I don't know what's going on with me today, all I want to do is eat. I need to be careful of what I eat, want the shirt to stay on the large size.

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I'm putting off going to the gym until the holidays are over. I've got to get rid of my nasty cold first. (not so much sneezing now but my sinuses are killing me)

They plowed us out this morning but thankfully, I'm off this week.

Merry Christmas to you and all the other Techs!

roxie said...

YOu know why it's called I-cord, don't you? All best wishes for a speedy finish. And hooray for the almost over-size shirt!!

Busy days go faster. It'll be the weekend again before you know it.

A :-) said...

Just wanted to say hi and glad you have joined us for Year of Stash Socks!