Just because

I've spent most of my day training a lackey. On the plus side, this one is quite smart and picking up what I'm showing him quickly. My brain drain is lessened but its hard having to explain everything I do and the reasons behind why it's done like this.  Tomorrow the real work starts, I'm showing him the whole mini-bid process. 

My parents do the whole mountain man rendezvous thing, they dress in leathers and shoot black powder. Neither of them quite understand RPGs or the SCA, not that we do SCA.  I would think they would get it better then anyone. The main reason why we're throwing knives is its great exercise. Plus it gets us outside.  Grilltech pointed out, it's one of our many post-apocalyptic skill sets. 


3 comments:

roxie said...

Love it! YOu can start a new exercise fad. Knife-fu ?

Donna Lee said...

I have an intern coming in tomorrow. It is exhausting at first and then just frustrating watching them get acclimated. But at the end when they do something really well? It's all worth it.

Sandra said...

we have the post apocalypse discussion at the cottage a lot. In our group of friends, we all bring a different skill set. I think I might learn knife throwing to add to my usefulness...