The Dead Pool

On Saturday night, a storm blew through the area. It knocked out the power in our section of town - some places are still without power. My computer lost it's power supply. Sunday Grilltech spent most of the day troubleshooting the issue. Finally he pulled the hard drive out of my system and put it in the almost completed new server. So the old server which has a fan going out in it, has to last another two or three weeks.

Grilltech finally was able to get his iPhone 4. We offered his old one to the Eldest. It was going to be a couple of days before she could make it over to pick it up, so the phone floated around his desk. I picked it up and put it on top of one of computer books sitting on the arm of his chair. I heard a thunk, noticed both the book and phone where gone. I assumed both landed on the floor. Turns out the book was on the floor and the old phone went into his glass of water. We're still waiting to see if it will work or not.

I'm going to bed before anything else dies.

3 comments:

Amy Lane said...

Oh my god! We're having the same week!

Sandra said...

I've had days like that - bed is the safest place to be.

roxie said...

If anything can go wrong, it will. Scientists have done studies that establish that a slice of bread has a 72% chance of falling jelly side down.