Wednesday, September 12

At the datamine, the database is being updated. We're going from 3.3 to 7.7. There was quite a bit of prep work which needed to happen before the database went down. Right now, we're in limbo (how low can you go?) waiting for the IT people to tell us, you can go in and start processing data. In the mean time, we're having to use spreadsheets to track everything. Shift swaps aren't suppose to be happening, but they are. Well, Billy-Bob has to go have his dog's teeth flossed and he didn't know he was drafted to work this Saturday, until you sent the e-mail this week. We check, Billy-Bob had been drafted back in June, but didn't bother to check. Plausible deniability. I want a clue brick.

On the knitting front, I've started another shawl. This one is a Christmas present. So the kids can't walk out the door with this one. It's another Alberta shawl, but I'm using Fiesta Yarn. I'd show you guys, but I can't find the yarn. I'll need to look at the tag when I get home.

Lynne, you can knit the Shaker sweater in adult sizes. You'll need to adjust as needed. I'm making one for Grilltech. But be warned, it used 20-30% more yarn then a normal sweater. The gals at the LYS sent a picture of the sweater to SWTC, and they want to talk to me. Yeap. I've only written the sweater in one size, it can be easily adjusted. But to be published?! OMG. Now I need to talk to them before I start jumping off the deep end.

3 comments:

Amy Lane said...

Yeehaw--that's awesome--and totally deserved--the sweater looks great!

Heather said...

Now that school is back in maybe one of these days i can meet you for coffee.... the sweater is beautiful. Good luck at the datamine, i always hated system upgrades everywhere i have worked has always been more of a problem then a help!

Lovs2Knit said...

Updates....I shudder at the thought. They never seemed to go smoothly for the military.
Congrats on SWTC wanting to talk with you about the sweater. You'll have to let us know how it goes. That would be soooooo cool to get published!