Fun and Games

Yesterday we get home and walk thru the utility room; and hear a hissing noise. The same noise we heard when we left in the morning - the one I thought was the water heater doing it's job. Turns out it wasn't. One of the flex hoses had sprung a leak and had been spraying water all day. At this point, Grilltech is trying to get the water to stop spraying, while I'm on the phone trying to get a plumber.

Then it's a waiting game, because Grilltech has an hour before he leaves for work. Half an hour later, I get a phone call that a tech is on the way. Ten minutes before Grilltech has to leave he shows up. We're still having water spray because there appears to be a back fill on the water heater. The tech turns off the water at the main which makes it nice. Tells me how much the fix will be, then because the water had been going all day, it is possible the pilot light will go out. Ouch.

He gets me a quote to replace, because honestly with our luck, it will go out. I apply for their 12 months same as cash option, and luckily I get it. So Friday I'm getting a new water heater. Because the old one was out of code and it's a good idea to replace it.

Why is it when we get some money saved up, something comes along and wipes it out all out. So much for my cruise in two years.

No comments: