An Open Letter

To the Driver of the Yellow Hummer:

Today is my lucky day. Why? Because when the light turned green, I was still talking to Grilltech and five seconds had passed before I realized it was our turn. By then, you was already in the middle of the intersection. You would have nailed us. I shudder to think of the damage your high centered vechile would have done.

Next time, you might not be so lucky. So, please - please - hang up the fucking cell phone when you drive. Because next time, I might not being talking to Grilltech. Next time, well…

Knittech

4 comments:

emicat said...

Whoa, close call. I've had a few of those too and was thankful for whatever it was that distracted me from heading out as soon as it turns green.

Actually, I do pause a few seconds before I do go, because of that exact reason.

Galad said...

So glad you are both all right. That is scary when you realize that a few seconds makes such a difference.

Lovs2Knit said...

Haven't people heard of this lovely technology called Bluetooth....damn near every phone has it now a days.

We see a lot of that here except it's not just talk it's texting. We've almost been hit several times since we've been here and we've only been here for a little over a year. I've never had so many close calls this close together. *shudder*

Amy Lane said...

*shudder* I hate it when that happens--close calls make me shaky all day!