And they're off!

Yesterday after the gym, I went to the Post Office to mail the socks. I wasn't quite finished packing into the envelope by the time I got to the desk. (I brought my knitting with me; because one never knows how long the wait will be.) I slap the address on the box, then shoved the demon socks in. The lady behind the counter asked, sending socks? I smiled and said, you bet! Then pulled them out and showed her. Her jaw about hit the counter. You knit those?! she sputtered. I smiled and shoved them in the box. After leaving the Post Office I went and spent 45 minutes at the LYS. I was tired and stinky, so I was happy they put up with me.

When I got home in the mail was the new KnitPicks catalog. They have some really nifty stuff. I left it open and pointed out to Grilltech a lovely gift idea.

I stayed up late finishing my book today I'm tired, crabby, and PSMing. It's going to be a fun, fun day. Anyway, I noticed last night the second book of the series had the same title as the first book. How odd. Picked up the book, read the back cover. Word for word as the back of the one I finished. Crap! I grabbed a reprint of the book with a different cover, instead of book two. I can be such a dumbass at times. On the plus side I can go back to the bookstore and trade for the correct book.

4 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

I've had a few people admire my work and others who want to know why I knit socks when you can buy a package at the store. :)

I've been debating buying sweater wizard. I use a Mac but I can always commandeer hubby's computer to use it. :)

I hate it when publishers redesign the cover to reprint. I've bought several books only to find out after the first paragraph that I've already read it.

Sandra said...

I have Sweater Wizard - great piece of software! Especially when you know what you want, but can't find the pattern. It's also great for machine knitters, becasue it works on row count, so making a simple sweater is a piece of cake.

emicat said...

I got the new catalog too and am resisting temptation to buy more needles...even if I need 'em :)

guess I'll have to add them to my wish list.

Amy Lane said...

Yay on mailed socks! Boo on duplicate books... (I have more of those than I care to admit...) and yes. The freakin Knit-Picks catalog is making me nuts--but the patternworks one is even worse!!