Thursday, January 11

I think Ms. Knitingale's Evil-Minded Son of a Bitch storm hit us. There have been several reports of snow this morning. When we drove into work I could see the moon through the clouds and the roads were clear. Several people mentioned snow then they called in. When Grilltech came in from first break he said, there was half an inch. When Griller – not to be confused with GrillTECH - came into work, he said, two inches. I haven't seen this mythical "snow", so I deny all reports and think its darn cold out there.

I was outbid on the Sage Cashmere, which really doesn't break my heart. I have already purchased yarn I'm not sure what I'll be making with. I just wanted it. So once Grill's sweater is done, I'll start knitting for me. I must say, the cabling on his sweater isn't turning out as great as I pictured it in my head. I think I have the decreases too close to the cables. Live and learn.

I'm trying to decide if I want to work on the shawl or the top. I haven't knitted a swatch yet, so shawl it is, but I'll need to do the swatch as a fall back for when I get tired of lace knitting. Or I guess I could knit more socks.

The callous on my ring finger is getting smaller. I've started holding my yarn differently so it's impacting the way I'm holding my needles. On the down side, my left arm is a bit sore. I can't tell if it's sore because I'm leaning on my left elbow while at work or if it's from knitting.

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

It's pretty darn cold here, too...and I just bought a lot of sunshine colored cotton for a summer dress for my baby--just so I could look at sunshine that looked hot!